Many brilliant points covered here I thought valuable to share on my website…..by Kim Mckee
waking upFollowing on from my previous post “Where do I start?” where we looked at ways to define your product or services “Unique Buying Advantages”, the next step in a simple marketing plan is identifying your target market/audience.
Let’s face it, unless your product is freshly brewed coffee, crunchy cereal, or crispy bacon, it would be rare for anyone to wake up in the morning thinking about your product. Of course your actual product is important and your service is really, REALLY important but if no-one knows about it, it is worthless.
Finding customers and marketing to them is essential to create awareness, enquiries and in-turn sales!
Who are your customers?
Research your client base or potential clients and find out more about them. Some questions to get you started:
- Male or Female or both?
- Age bracket?
- Education level?
- Income bracket?
- Family life cycle?
- Industry they work in?
- Geographic region?
- Purchasing characteristics?
- What are their pain points?
Now you have a better idea of WHO you are targeting, it is essential to find out their needs or pain points and present your product or service as helping them fulfill that need. Show them how your product or service is going to save them time, help them solve a problem, help them lose weight, help them get healthier, make them money, make their life easier or better etc. What problem can you solve for them? You can then start to target your marketing messages around these customer needs, remembering always to present the benefit to THEM as the main point in your marketing.
You then need to find the most effective medium to use to communicate this message to your audience. Focus on your “typical” or most common customer group and dig a little deeper:
- What are their habits?
- What do they read? eg; magazines, books, newspapers and which ones in these categories? eg: cars, boats, cooking etc.
- What do they watch and or listen to? eg: radio, pod casts, tv, you tube etc.
- What type of things do they like to watch?
- Do they have an email address?
- Where do they hangout? eg: movies, bars, libraries, home, beach etc.
- What are their hobbies?
- What clubs, community groups are they involved in? Golf, sailing, bowls etc.
- Why are they using your product or service?
- When do they use your product or service?
- What is their preferred method of communication eg: email, phone, mail etc?
- What is their decision making process when purchasing your product?
- Who makes the final buying decision? eg: them, a partner, parent etc.
- Who or what may influence the purchasing decision?
- Do they have friends with the same / similar profile that could be potential customers?
- Once you know who you are targeting and you know more about their lifestyle and habits you can then decide on the best method/medium to communicate with them.
Remember to always have a clear goal and be specific about the aim so you can target more precisely.
Be sure to send marketing messages that resonate with them. You need to build trust and likeability and over-deliver on information and assistance that can help them. Continue to think of ways to deliver more value than they are expecting, whether that is through outstanding customer service, free giveaways or extra information and insights that will help them. Be exciting, be helpful, be human, be fun, you need to cut through the thousands of other marketing messages people are exposed to each day. Think about helping and not selling and get creative!
Your aim here is to create fans and advocates not just customers. By doing this your repeat and referral customers will continually drive more business and become a very cost effective way of marketing.
By truly caring about your customers, over delivering on your promises and putting them at the front and centre of your business who knows, just maybe they WILL wake up thinking about you and your product!
Brilliant, simple and in plain language…..fantastic blog by Kim McKee
Just be Yourself and Understand the art of giving and caring about others, all business’s are set up to provide a service, the Good-the Bad- & the Ugly. You choose which way you want to go with your business mindset. The majority of course go the ‘money making’ option and miss out on the lesson of providing a service.
Connecting with people to get to Know-Like-& Trust You.
People do business with people, so make it right the first time and the first time is all you need. The rest is passion and enjoyment to changing your life doing what you want and love to do.
Join a system, a mentor who will guide you through the maze of becoming a Business Online Entrepreneur. This is no walk in the park.
Reach out to me if you want to Learn How To Make Money Online…… with so many scams and hype about making money online, you are right to be skeptical. Nothing is for free and nothing is easy. This is the Digital Gold Rush of the modern day era.
It is Life Changing and it is Hard Work…… CLICK on the banner below.
Fill in your Name and Email so I can send you FREE information about Affiliate Marketing selling other companies products using the power of the internet and personal skills to interact and change peoples minds with NO SELLING and pushing crap down peoples throats….CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW